Our Supported Charities


Our home improvements team enjoys being involved with the local community of Poole and Bournemouth and that includes supporting local charities like Mosaic. We recently adopted Mosaic as our official company charity with the intention of hosting several fundraising events to fund a residential weekend for twenty young people later in the year.

Who are Mosaic?

Mosaic are a local charity based in Dorset who offer support to bereaved children and their families. Formed in 2007, they were set up to fill the gap in counselling and support that local hospices failed to provide.

Directors Darren Rands and Mark Swain had this to say about their new partnership:

"We had heard about the good work that Mosaic was doing with bereaved children living locally so were eager to find out as a company how we could help. From our first meeting with them, we knew this was the charity that we wanted to support, and the rest of the team wholeheartedly agreed with us."


our supported charities - swain & rands

What are our fundraising plans?

We already have a list of fundraising events and plans lined up to support our new charity partner:

  • ‘Tough Mudder’ five-mile obstacle course in September
  • Donating an amount from each home improvement project we undertake
  • Spreading awareness of Mosaic to our customers across Dorset & Hampshire

Currently, local authority funding accounts for just 17% of what Mosaic requires to operate, with the other 83% sourced from grants, donations and fundraising.

Laura Stanley, a fundraiser at Mosaic, had this to say about their new partnership with us:

“Hearing that Darren, Mark and the team were keen to support us this year was fantastic news. Without the generous backing of local companies like Swain & Rands, our fundraising would be so much harder. We’re looking forward to working with them and together being able to offer help and support to the many children that need it across the county.”

We are incredibly proud to be working alongside such a hard-working and worthwhile charity as Mosaic, who do so much for the local community and can’t wait to continue fundraising for their cause.

GET IN TOUCH

Don't miss out! Please tick this box if you would like to receive future offers, promotions & news from Swain & Rands Home Improvements. Please see our Privacy Policy for full Ts & Cs.

This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. By using our site you accept our Terms And Conditions and Privacy Policy. ×